People say about Links Hall…
“Links Hall is ground zero for innovative performance art in Chicago. Through residency programs, festivals, and workshops, they provide a home for artists to explore their craft, but they can’t do it alone.”
“Thank you to everyone at Links Hall for one of the best residency/performance experiences we’ve ever had. We are so grateful for the support, positivity, space, and incredible community you have introduced us to. It has been a joy working with you, with A-Squared, with Storycatchers, and getting to know some of the fantastic artists supported by Links. It means so much to bring this work home. We all feel that the magic of Links and Chicago helped the full piece reveal itself to us finally after 4 years.”
“If the values of a culture are measured by the art it produces, there is no more finely tuned instrument to the purpose than dance and performance incubator Links Hall—and one need not look further than the Links Hall January performance calendar for a summation of our social and political moment”
Click here to make a one-time donation:
DONATE TIME AND AGAIN
Set Up Recurring Donations to Links Hall!
DONATE IN OTHER WAYS
Smile.Amazon.com is the same as the regular Amazon only if you login to the smile url 0.5% of your purchases will go to Links! Log in and chose Links Hall Incorporated as your charity of choice.
Annual Clean Up Week
Click HERE to sign up for the Links Hall 3rd Annual Community Clean Up! January 2-4, 2018.
Shop year ‘round on iGive.com. Signing up is free and takes 30 seconds, and you can indicate the cause you’d like to support—Links Hall—and when you shop, iGive will donate a portion of your purchase to Links!
Thanks to the 2016 MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions, Links Hall received national recognition for our “outsized impact supported by a meager infrastructure.” By partnering with artists and through artists partnering with us, Links is able to achieve more than our size would suggest. Such as:
• NewCity’s unprecedented inclusion in their Best of Chicago 2016 issue of five Links Hall resident artists, curators and projects: Best Dance Festival: Michelle Kranicke’s aMID Festival, Best Performance Lecture Series: Aaron Hughes and Amber Ginsburg’s Tea Project, Best Dance Residency: LinkUP/Co-Missions Artist Residencies, Best Emerging Dancer: past LinkUP artist Precious Jennings, and Best LGBTQ Dance and Performance Program: Joe Varisco’s Queer, Ill & Okay who also happens to curate Poonie’s Cabaret at Links.
• The A-Squared Asian American Performing Arts Festival named one of Chicago Magazine’s Five Great Things to Do in Chicago last month: “An impressive lineup of Asian American dancers, musicians, puppeteers, and performance artists.”
• Curatorial residents Dan Paz and Marilyn Volkman’s Art Present exhibition of Chicago and Cuban artists in Havana last fall.
• The ABC Festival co-produced with Constellation of improvised music and dance in Chicago, Berlin and Amsterdam sending 13 Chicago dancers and musicians to the Netherlands last spring.
• And in 2017, Performing Americas awarded Links a Creative Exchange Mobility grant to establish a partnership with HaitiDansCo. and Dance to Save Lives Foundation to begin an artistic exchange between Chicago and Jacmel, Haiti.