As of September 1, 2020, Links Hall is open for limited operations, with access for Co-MISSION resident artists and select Links virtual presentations and events. Administrative staff is working on a hybrid (remote/on-site) schedule. Links is not currently hosting rentals (rehearsal, workshop, shows) or performances with a live audience.
Links Hall takes the health and safety of our employees, artists, and visitors very seriously. With the spread of the coronavirus Links Hall and venue partner Constellation are implementing new theater guidelines as we gradually restart operations at 3111 N. Western Avenue. Anyone visiting our venue agrees to follow safety policies, developed in accordance with the City of Chicago, the State of Illinois, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- If you or anyone in your household are experiencing the following symptoms, please stay home and stay safe: fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, chills, body aches, loss of taste or smell
- If you have, to your knowledge, been in close proximity (within 6 feet and within the last 14 days) to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home
Healthy Interactions: Social Distancing & Gathering Sizes
- Please follow signage to remain 6 feet apart when queuing for entrance, studios, and restrooms
- Studio A Rehearsals/virtual performance gathering size limited to 6
- Visitors, staff, and artists are expected to wear masks at all times in public spaces, or when two or more people are gathered. Artists are not required to wear masks while performing.
- Please use hand sanitizer when entering the building and wash hands before entering the studio. Soap, water, and hand sanitizing stations are available in the lobby and restrooms.
- There will be limited overlap between Links Hall and Constellation performances, rehearsals, and events. Attendees are asked to leave promptly at the end of their program, to help support the turnover between groups.
- Links Hall and Constellation have increased cleaning of the studios and high touch surfaces (door knobs, light switches, light/sound board, production equipment, chairs, computers, office and other workstations).
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) units have been serviced, are in good working order, and receive quarterly preventive maintenance checks. Fans must remain on during rehearsals, performances, and events to increase air flow.
- UV (ultraviolet) light filters have been installed, with timers, in dressing rooms/green rooms, tech booths, and other backstage areas.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed between office workstations
Links Hall Travel Policy
According to the City of Chicago’s Emergency Travel Order, travelers entering or returning to Chicago from states experiencing a surge in new COVID-19 cases are required to quarantine for a 14-day period from the time of last contact within the identified state. A list of states currently covered by this order can be found here: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html.
Links Hall attendees–including staff, crew, artists, and visitors–will not be permitted to enter Links Hall after traveling to or through a surge state without first completing the mandated quarantine.